John Coltrane Tribute Festival Performance Sept. 7th in Philadelphia, PA

I had a wonderful performance a week ago at the John Coltrane Tribute Festival in Philadelphia PA.  I performed with a wonderful and dynamic vocalist named Ruth Naomi Floyd.  She had some great musicians playing: Aaron Graves (piano), Lee Smith (bass) and G. Calvin Weston (drums). I was glad to be in the mix. 





The hardest working woman in radio, vocalist Stephanie Renée, was one of the hosts and we opened for alto saxophonist Kenny Garrett’s group.  That gave me a chance to see my other younger brothers bassist Corcoran Holt and drummer McClenty Hunter who play with Kenny. There were some other performers on the stage as well and you can read a fantastic review and description of the whole event on www.ladydoveslittlegirlblue.blogspot.com.





Comments

Popular Posts