Funky Music Tip #1 - Presonus StudioLive Remote Mixer



My latest funky music tip is the Presonus StudioLive mixer.  I was on a wedding gig recently and I saw the sound guy walking around with his ipad mixing the monitor and speaker levels remotely.  I had to do a double take.  Of course I had to ask him what the heck was he doing and he showed me the whole set up.  It was so cool to be able to do a mix from the audience’s perspective without having to put up a separate mixing console.  He could also adjust the levels in the monitors for the musicians on the fly.  So no more… “hey sound man turn me up.” Just a quick discreet cue and the sound man can adjust with his ipad.  Ah the age of technology…gotta love it.



If you want to check out a video of the mixer in action here’s a clip:



 

Comments

Popular Posts